Altasciences is a mid-size contract research organization with a unique focus on supporting drug development from lead candidate selection to proof of concept. With over 25 years of industry experience, we provide preclinical and clinical solutions to an international customer base of biopharmaceutical companies. Our full-service offering in this critical stage of drug development includes program management, preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology services, manufacturing and analytical services, medical writing, biostatistics, data management, and bioanalysis services tailored to specific research requirements. Altasciences has facilities in Montreal, QC; Kansas City, KS, Seattle, WA, and Philadelphia, PA.
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to
achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
Are you looking for an opportunity to support a business creating life-saving treatments? If so, we can't wait to meet you!
As a Scientist 1, focus mass spectrometry, you will oversee and coordinate all aspects of laboratory work, preparation of driving documents (bioanalytical plans and validation plans), instructions to the Analysts assigned to projects and for the conduct of the bioanalytical portion of GLP non-clinical and regulated clinical studies.
• Serve as a client contact for bioanlaytical method validations and the bioanalytical phase of clinical and nonclinical studies as a Bioanalytical Principal Investigator;
• Work with multiple internal and external stakeholders;
• Review protocol and assure study is conducted in accordance with the protocol;
• Provide technical contributions to non-clinical protocol/study plan and work with Study Directors as per the multisite guidance;
• Write and approve bioanalytical plans and validation plans;
• Responsible for experimental data generated on assigned study;
• Assure corrective action is taken and documented when necessary;
• Review and approve all project-related QA audits;
• Responsible for study documentation;
• Assure all study personnel have adequate training, education and experience to perform required study functions;
• Additional responsibilities as outlined in SOPs.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a science-related field with a minimum of three (3) years of industry experience is preferred;
• Three (3) or more years of previous laboratory experience and/or GLP knowledge; having experience as a bench Analyst in a regulated environment experienced in mass spectrometry analysis (asset);
• Good organizational and time management skills;
• Attentive to details and good observation skills;
• Proficiency with MS Office;
• Excellent English (oral and written) skills.
Altasciences is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other protected grounds under applicable legislation. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process are available upon request. Join us at Altasciences!
- Pay Type Salary
- Laval, QC, Canada