Training Specialist, Bioanalysis
Altasciences is a mid-size contract research organization with a unique focus on supporting drug development from lead candidate selection to proof of concept. With over 25 years of industry experience, we provide preclinical and clinical solutions to an international customer base of biopharmaceutical companies. Our full-service offering in this critical stage of drug development includes program management, preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology services, manufacturing and analytical services, medical writing, biostatistics, data management, and bioanalysis services tailored to specific research requirements. Altasciences has facilities in Montreal, QC; Kansas City, KS, Seattle, WA, and Philadelphia, PA.
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to
achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
We are looking for a Training Specialist to join our team. He/she acts as the Specialist of the training software for the Bioanalysis department. He/she organizes and coordinates trainings for all staff members. He/she ensures that the training documents and materials are up to date and versioned base on industry standard. Also, he/she acts as a mentor for employees providing trainings and coaching to laboratory staff.
The Training Specialist has familiarity with instructional methods, coaching and skills development. He/she uses these skills to support the rest of the team and ensures all employees are working efficiently and according to company standards and SOPs.
• Act as learning administrator for the training software;
• Act as coordinator for trainings in the department by planning and scheduling trainings for laboratory personnel;
• Responsible to maintain training programs, materials and curriculum for the laboratory up to date;
• Responsible to develop and revise trainings modules and programs as required;
• Maintain training files and technical competencies up-to-date for laboratory staff;
• Prepare refresher documents to maintain quality and safety in the laboratory;
• Work closely with Management Team to help develop staff competencies for their growth career;
• Lead, teach, support, coach and mentor employees providing trainings;
• Identify training needs according to people needs and regulations;
• Provide various trainings to laboratory staff as needed;
• Translate trainings when deemed necessary (French to English, or English to French);
• Responsible to promote and ensure good working ergonomics and safety is respected in the laboratory;
• Stay up to date on new SOPs, procedures, and techniques via training sessions, team meetings and internal communication avenues;
• To conduct all work in compliance with applicable SOPs, GCPs, GLPs, and observe all company guidelines and policies.
• To perform any other duties as required.
• College degree and/or University degree in Chemistry or equivalent field;
• At least five (5) years of experience in bioanalysis environment. Must understand the general SOPs and has deep knowledge of GLP regulations and laboratory techniques;
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Good leadership and attentive to details;
• Bilingualism (excellent written/oral communication skills in French and English);
• Excellent planning and time management skills;
• Ability to convey complex information in a way that people understand.
Altasciences is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other protected grounds under applicable legislation. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process are available upon request. Join us at Altasciences!
- Job Family Valide Positions
- Pay Type Salary
- Laval, QC, Canada