Reference Standard Technician (12 month Contract)
Altasciences is a mid-size contract research organization with a unique focus on supporting drug development from lead candidate selection to proof of concept. With over 25 years of industry experience, we provide preclinical and clinical solutions to an international customer base of biopharmaceutical companies. Our full-service offering in this critical stage of drug development includes program management, preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology services, manufacturing and analytical services, medical writing, biostatistics, data management, and bioanalysis services tailored to specific research requirements. Altasciences has facilities in Montreal, QC; Kansas City, KS, Seattle, WA, and Philadelphia, PA.
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to
achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, team-oriented individual to fill a Reference Standard Technician position in our Technical Support department. Want to contribute to research activities? You have a great ability to concentrate? You have a rapid execution, while bringing attention to detail? This position is for you! Do not hesitate; send us your resume immediately.
The Technician, Reference Standard is responsible for reference standards activities including the reception, storage, inventory, request/dispensing, shipping and tracking of reference standards (RFS).
• To manage the request and dispensing of reference standards (RFS);
• To manage the inventory of the RFS;
• To handle the receipt, shipping, storage, and tracking of RFS;
• To manage RFS Certificate of analysis (COA);
• To manage RFS Material safety data sheet (MSDS);
• Respecting Health and Safety standards in terms of personal protection, laboratory maintenance, and work procedures;
• Complete the RFS logs and ensure that the RFS are categorized according to internal procedures to maintain all RFS logs;
• To conduct all work in compliance with applicable SOPs, GCPs, GLPs, and observe all company guidelines and policies;
• Other related tasks.
• College degree and/or Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry or equivalent;
• Knowledge of techniques such as: HPLC, GC, Karl Fisher, CHN, NMR, FTIR;
• Knowledge of USP / NF and other Compendial sources;
• Minimum of six (6) months of experience in a similar position;
• Must possess an in-depth knowledge of FDA-GLP and TPD regulations;
• Experience the chemical or pharmaceutical field (asset);
• Attentive to details and ability to prioritize;
• Excellent organizational skills and communication skills in French (both written and oral);
• English proficiency (oral and written);
• Knowledge of MS-Office, Outlook and Access.
• Contract (12 months);
• 37.5 hours per week schedule.
Altasciences is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other protected grounds under applicable legislation. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process are available upon request. Join us at Altasciences!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Laval, QC, Canada