Altasciences is a mid-size contract research organization with a unique focus on supporting drug development from lead candidate selection to proof of concept. With over 25 years of industry experience, we provide preclinical and clinical solutions to an international customer base of biopharmaceutical companies. Our full-service offering in this critical stage of drug development includes program management, preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology services, manufacturing and analytical services, medical writing, biostatistics, data management, and bioanalysis services tailored to specific research requirements. Altasciences has facilities in Montreal, QC; Kansas City, KS, Seattle, WA, and Philadelphia, PA.
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to
achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
We are currently looking for an Analyst in bioanalysis to join our team. You are an Analyst or you would like your first opportunity as an Analyst and you want to make a difference by helping to improve people's quality of life? Our opportunity will surely interest you! As a fast-growing contract research organization, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and advance your career. If you stand out for your attention to details and speed of execution; don't hesitate to send us your application!
The Analyst is responsible for performing quantitative drug determinations of biological samples using a variety of extraction methods including liquid-liquid extractions, solid phase extractions and protein precipitations. He is also responsible for performing baseline integration. The Analyst ensures that analyses are performed in accordance with both industry and governmental regulations.
• To perform quantitative drug determination of biological samples using specific
methods of extraction (SPE, LL, PP), all in accordance with general standard operating procedures (SOP) and good laboratory practice (GLP) regulations when needed;
• To appropriately fill out pertinent laboratory documentation (e.g.
General Log Sheet forms);
• To performs chromatograms integration;
•To generate tabulated data (regression) and performs initial
evaluation of results;
• To do the extraction troubleshooting by signaling extraction problems, elaborating a course of action, following it through, while ensuring proper documentation;
• To prepare solutions and calibration curves;
• Ensure documentation is accurate and complete;
•To perform evalutions to validate bioanalytical methods, as needed;
• To stay up to date on new SOPs, procedures, and techniques via training sessions, team meetings and internal communication avenues;
• To respect Health and Safety standards in terms of personal protection, laboratory maintenance, and work procedures;
• To conduct all work in compliance with applicable SOPs, GCPs, GLPs, and observe all company guidelines and policies;
• Other related tasks.
• College degree or University degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or equivalent field;
• Must understand the general SOPs and knowledge of GLP regulations;
• Good organizational skills;
• Attentive to details with respect to sample pre-treatment procedures and raw data handling;
• Good manual dexterity;
• Software: MS-Office, Outlook, Labeller, Watson LIMS, Dayforce.
• Good communication (both written and verbal in French & English).
Altasciences is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other protected grounds under applicable legislation. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process are available upon request. Join us at Altasciences!
- Job Family Valide Positions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Laval, QC, Canada