Specimen Management Technician I
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
The Specimen Management Technician I, working under direct supervision, is responsible for the timely and accurate receipt, preparation, management, processing, shipping and/or storage
of laboratory specimens in compliance with GLP guidelines, study protocols and SOPs.
- Responsible for working in compliance with GLP guidelines, protocols and SOPs.
Coordinates and communicates with Study Directors, Coordinators, Pathologists, Laboratory staff and Vivarium Staff.
Prepare, receive, centrifuge, separate and transfer/ship specimens according to SOPs and protocol design with limited supervision.
- Maintain and utilize laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Maintain chain of custody of all specimens processed and ensure timely transfer of specimens for analysis, archive, shipment or storage.
- Maintain documentation of procedures and equipment used and performs quality control
- Maintain laboratory/shipping supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness of the department areas.
- Cross-train to perform other duties within Specimen Management.
- Assist all areas of Specimen Management as well as other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department management of forms and logs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Navigational skills are desirable
- Strong verbal and communication skills including the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, software and procedure manuals and study documents.
- Must be able to write correspondence and speak effectively with other groups within the organization. Routine reports may be requested
- Basic math skills
- Strong cross-team collaboration/communication and the ability to be flexible and work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Handles and disposes biological and/or chemical substances and wastes in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
- Wears appropriate PPE in accordance with policies and procedures. PPE may include but is not limited to: N-95 respirator, face mask, safety glasses, goggles, face shield, gloves, and lab coat.
- Be able to work occasionally weekends, evenings, and some holidays
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, February 22, 2021
- Everett, WA, USA