Des Moines - Fleet Systems Administrator
Just the Tip of the Iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment, and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
Fleet System Administrator
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the Fleet System Administrator is responsible for the core systems related to management of the dynamic distribution fleet while complying to all Department of Transportation (DOT) and Field Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations. In addition, the Fleet System Administrator will provide support to the Fleet Manager in asset procurement (power vehicles, trailers, and forklifts), and safety audits at individual locations.
- Monitors the functionality of the Key Fleet Systems ensuring compliance is met.
- Audits and circulates reports to Distribution Managers and Regional Managers on any gaps in the Key Fleet Systems and provide support in correcting the information.
- Determines the accuracy of specific locations active vehicle and trailer lists and if the term information is correct.
- Responsible for ensuring that all information is flowing between electronic database systems to ensure accurate risk scores for each driver and location.
- Develops reports that will share outages related to driver hours of service or insufficient driver vehicle inspection reports.
- Accountable for technical expertise on all systems related to Key Fleet Systems and supports the training and retraining efforts involved.
- Evaluates ideas and implements improvements for all systems related to fleet management.
- Coordinates asset procurement for powered vehicles, trailers, and fork lifts based on company needs, optimal quality, and competitive pricing.
- Administers distribution safety audits to determine the compliance of a location.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an administrative, distribution supervision or leadership position.
- High school diploma is required. Post-secondary Degree or diploma considered an asset.
- Knowledge surrounding DOT and FMCSA regulations considered an asset.
- Commercial Drivers License is considered an asset. Ability to secure CDL-B license within first year of employment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel up to twenty-five percent (25%) of the time
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Salary
- Des Moines, IA, USA