Just the Tip of the Iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and twenty one US states.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Associate is responsible for entering and maintaining employee records in the payroll system while ensuring payroll is processed in a timely manner. In addition, the payroll associate, enters garnishments, prepares balanced GL imports, and maintains payroll records digitally, while responding to the needs of the business.
- Verifies, enters, and maintains all employee records.
- Prepares and processes multiple payrolls.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of payrolls.
- Prepares Records of Employment (ROE’s) for Canada.
- Reads, interprets, and enters garnishments.
- Prepares balanced GL imports.
- Maintains SOX Compliant payroll records digitally.
- Responds to the requests of the business.
- Ensures confidentiality of all information within the payroll department.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- General knowledge of payroll administration in the US. Knowledge of Canadian payroll considered an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload, take initiative and manage multiple tasks without close supervision; ability to adapt to changes while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Previous payroll experience is considered an asset.
- Previous experience using Ceridian Dayforce system is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Employment and Labor Standards for Canada and the US.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with people at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office programs as well as web-based applications.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA