Full Time - Route Analyst
Just the Tip of the Iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
As part of the Operations Support Team, this position is responsible for developing efficient route plans for packaged ice, utilizing sophisticated routing software. This position will identify and ensure the company’s assets and drivers are utilized to maximize efficiency and provide on time delivery.
- Review previous day’s routes and communicate any issues to local depot management
- Resolve any depot distribution discrepancies
- Dispatching routes to ensure all deliveries are made in a quick and efficient manner
- Follow up on customer data issues to ensure they are being addressed
- Communicate effectively with field management to ensure markets distribution needs are being met
- Utilize routing software to generate effective route plans
- Responsible for the optimization and continuous improvement of variable distribution costs while utilizing internal tools and working with location plans
- Deliver against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure success based on route accuracy and efficiency
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- Education or training in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain preferred, or a related field considered an asset
- 3+ years’ experience in preferred, additional dispatch experience considered an asset
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills including problem-solving, and customer service
- Self-starter with the ability to drive change and challenge traditional environment through a continuous improvement mindset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, and Excel. Prior experience with routing programs is considered an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Arctic Glacier welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type Salary
- 200 Statesman Dr, Mississauga, ON L5S 1X7, Canada