Accounts Receivable Associate, Winnipeg, MB
Just the Tip of the Iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and do what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
Accounts Receivable Associate:
Reporting to the Senior Account Receivables Coordinator, the AR Associate is responsible for applying payments to outstanding invoices, following up on payment discrepancies, various accounting and clerical tasks related to the maintenance and processing of accounts receivable transactions.
- Posts cheque batches from both Lockbox and regular cheques and assists A/R associates in printing Lockbox cheques.
- Sort and distribute cheque batches to associates.
- Record all deposits within Excel and scan all deposits into E-Drawer once posted.
- Process EFT payments and credit card payments.
- Create and print purchase orders in E-Requester.
- New vendor set-ups and maintenance in Great Plains software.
- Assist in the cheque run process and assist in stop payments including voiding of cheques and invoices in Great Plains software.
- Apply credit and debt notes to customer accounts.
- Maintain accurate vendor files.
- Open and sort mail and file all paperwork deposits.
- Enter and post invoice batches.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
· Minimum six months to two (2) years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and Accounting experience is required.
· Skills in the use of personal computers and related software applications including Great Plains is preferred.
· Knowledge of accounting procedures and accounting software packages. Experience with EFT payments, credit and debt note processing.
· Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Ability to work independently, learn quickly and work as part of a team.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need
- Pay Type Salary
- Winnipeg, MB, Canada