Director, Food Safety & Quality Assurance
Just the Tip of the Iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say and does what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and the personal gratification of feeling valued.
Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance
Arctic Glacier is North America’s leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier® Premium Ice. We serve over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations.
Our Company Vision:
Bringing more to the party!
The international leader of premium quality packaged ice, equipment, and related services. Excelling in terms of product quality, customer service, marketing support, and innovation, the company is composed of a highly skilled, engaged, and purposeful team focused on achieving the maximum value for all our stakeholders.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance
is responsible for overseeing all aspects of food production safety and quality assurance. The individual is responsible for creating, evaluating and enforcing company policies to ensure the highest possible standards of purity and quality in our products.
The individual will ensure compliance with all internal standards and government regulations. This role will also ensure that all our products meet or exceed our customers’ expectations, while fostering an environment of continuous improvement across the organization through their partnership with the Director of Compliance and Quality on auditing, testing, and issue response.
- Partners and communicates with all levels in the company to advance the strategic goals of the Food Safety Program, including food safety and quality systems.
- Serves as internal subject matter expert (SME) as it relates to food safety and quality assurance to employees, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Oversees the Food Safety Program and assist in the creation of training and documentation.
- Leads quality mindset to all teammates in the organization.
- Responsibility for the execution of our internal food safety & quality systems across the local site operations.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts related to product quality and process performance standards throughout the operations.
- Ensures regulatory, product safety, and compliance with company standards.
- Conducts initial qualification and annual audits/assessments of our facilities.
- Assists with the Operations Excellence teams for manufacturing maintenance plans.
- Supports with the on-boarding of new employees as the training content relates to Foods Safety & Quality process, procedure, and policy.
- Leads document control and change control programs.
- Develops activities that empower, engage, and involve operators with the information and tools for continuous improvement processes.
Requirements and Competencies:
- Knowledge of FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), Safe Food for Canadians Regulations Act (SFCR) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs) as required.
- BS and/or advanced degree in related science degree with a focus on food safety preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in food manufacturing environments.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to change focus quickly in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to analyze and create data in excel and similar software.
- Proven ability to manage tasks, deadlines, people, and extensive records.
- Experience with managing multiple locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Philadelphia, PA, USA