Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
Reporting to the Senior Distribution Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the daily optimization in routing and product delivery based on appropriate metrics. In addition, the Transportation Coordinator will develop and monitor daily metrics in order to determine the overall health of the distribution in the Midwest.
- Optimizes routing in terms of proper service, market inventory levels, and efficiency
- Dispatches merchandisers to critical locations in order to meet the business need
- Reviews routing with Distribution Supervisors daily
- Compiles and audits daily analytics report and communicate with all senior leaders
- Performs inventory reviews to support business need
- Develop “For Hire” Backhaul to prevent time lost
- Liaise with fleet manager on all Department of Transportation compliance requirements
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a logistics or route planning role required
- Degree or diploma in supply chain or distribution management considered an asset
- Exceptional computer skills and computer literacy
- Strong work ethic with the ability to self-start & define new projects
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Salary
- Kansas City, MO, USA