Maintenance Associate - $25-28 Based on Skills and Experience
Are you someone who is mechanically inclined? Do you enjoy fixing machinery and finding creative solutions to get things running smoothly? Does the idea of working on a production floor excite you? Do you enjoy working with your hands? Arctic is hiring a full time Maintenance Associate position in Syracuse and we want you to apply.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Associate plays a key role in our operations and is responsible for performing regular and preventive maintenance on all equipment used in our facility to ensure the successful execution of production activities.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand, power tools and welding equipment.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Troubleshooting/repairs/installations of equipment with a working knowledge of low electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results.
- Optimize equipment safety, efficiency and reliability, participating in continuous improvement projects and completing work orders according to PM schedules.
- Read blueprints, machine drawings and electrical diagrams to determine work procedures.
- Instruct employees in the proper handling of equipment.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- Previous experience working in a similar role within a production environment.
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude.
- Proven troubleshooting ability with emphasis on safety and reliability.
- Must be aware of all safety standards and requirements for maintenance work.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, power tools and shop machines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a face-paced environment without supervision.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends during peak season.
Please notify your supervisor prior to applying for this position.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Syracuse, NY, USA