Production Shift Lead / Mechanical Support
Production Shift Lead / Mechanical Support:
Reporting to the Plant Manager the Production Shift Lead is responsible for managing the manufacturing and processing of quality ice. The Production Shift Lead is also accountable for the creation of the highest quality product for the lowest cost per ton.
- Leads shift in production department and ensures the highest quality product at the lowest cost per ton.
- Accountable for the control of all mechanical and maintenance tasks to achieve optimum production while following all proper policies and processes.
- Troubleshoots issues on production line and proposes solutions that will work within budget parameters.
- Demonstrates to team exceptional work ethic on the production line.
- Trains and motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Responsible for maintaining exceptional programs for sanitation and housekeeping practices that fully meet the requirements of company policy and all government regulations.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- High school diploma is required.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience working in a food manufacturing position is considered an asset.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position is preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Processing equipment experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage time to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Hourly
- West St Paul, MN 55118, USA