IT Support Technician
That's just the tip of the iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier.
Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the great pay, rewarding work, and clear vision of doing the right thing – by our customers and employees. Our team goes the extra mile for our customers, and in turn they get the support of the company. We pride ourselves on having a compassionate atmosphere, where our team feels empowered to do their best. This includes an unwavering commitment to employee safety and the flexibility to work around personal commitments.
A steady schedule, solid benefits AND be home every night - here, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Join our team, and discover there's more beneath the surface!
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure Support and Security, The IT Support Technician is accountable for ensuring continuity of computer system services by providing the technical expertise, assistance and project coordination necessary to maintain daily operations. This job is up to 60% remote
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proven technical support skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Successfully diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware problems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and technical support problems
- Dedication to customer satisfaction
- Assure continuity of the computer system for all system users.
Investigates and resolves software and hardware problems of computer users in a fast
paced, high demand environment.
- Logs and tracks all support calls using support ticket tracking system
- Install selected software and hardware products.
- Repair hardware as necessary and work closely with service vendors to ensure continuity of service.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in information technology.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to users local and remote, as needed.
- Recommend changes in software and hardware to improve computer capabilities.
- Assist in implementing practices that will more effectively utilize information technology resources.
- Trains users on software and hardware, as required.
- Documents procedures as required.
- Assists in miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Participate in "on-call" for all periods as assigned by manager.
Work Life Balance
- High School degree or equivalent experience required. Associates degree, Technical School certified or bachelor’s degree a plus.
- 3+ years working in a similar capacity in a small to medium team of IT Service Desk / Help Desk professionals.
- Excellent communication and customer service
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and being solutions oriented
- Knowledge of hardware and networking
- Proficient in Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 operating systems
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008/2012/20016 and the ability to troubleshoot
- Experience supporting networking devices including VPN and remote access
- Expertise of smartphone and tablet devices including, but not limited to iPhones, iPads and Android-based devices
- Working knowledge of Mobile Device Management or similar application
Minimal occasional travel to site locations as deemed necessary to provide on-site support and training.
Reporting Structure: Director of Infrastructure, Support and Security
FLSA Status: Salary
- Pay Type Salary
- Lyons, IL, USA