Cinema/Escape Room Supervisor
Banff’s historic Lux Cinema attracts guests keen to enjoy the latest blockbuster releases, the beauty and excitement of the Banff Mountain Film Festival’s independent productions, as well as live theatre performances.
Reporting to the General Manager, our Cinema/Escape Room Supervisor ensures that all of our staff provides the best movie going experience! With confidence, they are cool under pressure and have a strong ability to organize, prioritize and maintain excellent service in a busy environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledgeable about new feature films and provide guests details about show times and prices, while being courteous and professional.
- Ensure the security of all cash, receipts and tickets.
- Keep the box office up to date with new movie listings and posters.
- Additional duties will include working at the concession stand. Duties include making and selling popcorn and offering goodies.
- Maintain cleanliness of concession stand including cooking equipment, counters, shelves, glass display cases, condiment areas, preparation areas and stock rooms.
- Clean and maintain the exterior and interior areas of the theatre including auditoriums, restrooms, lobbies, concession areas, and box office areas.
- Assist with daily inventory tracking with a strong attention to detail.
- Sale of alcohol.
- Work safely. Obey all health and safety policies and procedures and report injuries and hazards immediately.
- Additional duties may be assigned to help meet guest needs.
Skills and Experience
- Strong interest in films and film culture.
- A friendly outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication and guest service skills.
- Ability to work independently and a get-er-done attitude.
- Previous experience with cash handling and POS systems.
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset.
- Sales based background.
- Familiarity with Audio/Visual Technology is desired.
- Alberta Pro-Serve certification is required.
We're really glad that you are interested in this job and we look forward to reviewing your application. We appreciate all of the applications that we receive, and we will contact qualified candidates as soon as possible.
You can learn more about our great Employee Benefits & Perks and what it means to work with an Employee-Owned company here.
- Job Family Cinema
- Pay Type Hourly
- 229 Bear St Suite 300, Banff, AB T1L 1H8, Canada