Veterinary Assistant - 434 - PVH
The BC SPCA Penticton Veterinary Hospital (PVH) is a full service, progressive, multi-doctor hospital. Our focus in on providing high-quality, Fear Free patient and client care. PVH is looking for a kind and compassionate Veterinary Assistant to fill a permanent, full-time position.
About the position:
Applicants looking to join our PVH team as a Veterinary Assistant should bring with them a love of working with people and animals in a veterinary setting, a history of excellent communication and a strong ability to multitask. This position will participate in the daily care of all animals in our care, assist in maintaining the hospital in a clean, sanitary, safe and efficient manner, and communicate with the public in an effective, courteous and non-judgemental manner.
This position requires a hard-working, energetic, outgoing and friendly personality. You will be working in a team environment directly with clients, and with the other team members in the hospital. Computer and telephone skills are a must; however, the job may also perform varied duties in the hospital, including assisting with outpatient appointments or serving as surgical assistants and a variety of other jobs within the hospital on an as-needed basis.
In this role candidates must be available to work all shifts (including weekdays/weekends, and statutory holidays) to accommodate PVH’s 7-day a week scheduling.
What you bring:
• Completion of Veterinary Office Assistant diploma program or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer
• A sound knowledge of animals, their breeds, characteristics and common diseases
• Experience handling dogs & cats in a professional setting an asset
• Positive outlook and enthusiasm for learning
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong desire to provide excellent customer service skills: patience, professional, positive attitude, attention to detail, adaptability
• Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
• Work well with all employees and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the veterinarians and the overall practice philosophy
• Position is physically demanding and includes heavy lifting, pushing and pulling which requires an individual with the ability to maintain a level of fitness and endurance to fulfill the required duties
• Philosophical harmony with the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the BC SPCA
• Strong computer experience: Windows, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• The animals in our care require attention seven days a week, must be flexible and able to work weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays
• Previous experience with kennel or animal care as well as Cornerstone software will be considered an asset
No telephone calls please. We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Certification
- 15 Duncan Ave E, Penticton, BC V2A 2W2, Canada