BioVectra Inc. has an opening for a Process Scientist. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
The Process Scientist is the technical lead for the process science of commercial processes and products for the Biologics portfolio. This position is responsible for facilitating the process scale up and tech transfer of new processes to the GMP manufacturing facility, and for the integration of new technologies into commercial manufacturing.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading the process tech transfer and scale up strategy for new processes.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify, scale, and qualify Critical Process Parameters, Critical Quality Attributes, Critical Aspects and Control strategies so that robust commercial processes are achieved.
- Analyzing and managing the risks associated with process transfer, and the introduction of new raw materials for both pilot and production scale batches.
- Developing process flow diagrams, mass balances, and energy balances.
- Analyzing and reviewing process data, process development reports, process control strategies and pilot scale BPRs to ensure alignment with the tech transfer plan.
- Acting as a subject matter expert to identify, propose and implement process improvements and new technologies.
- Troubleshooting process steps to improve process yields and quality.
- Prioritizing and executing assigned project deliverables, including adherence to budgets and schedules, coordinating project startup, commissioning and qualification activities with internal and external groups.
- Supporting the development of BPRs for new processes and modifications to existing processes.
- Writing process risk assessments, tech transfer protocols and summary reports for internal and external use.
- Performing field tests in the pilot or production environment as required to minimize process scale up risk.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred.
- Master of Science in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry or similar is considered an asset.
- Chemical Engineering considered an asset.
- Three (3) years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience with design and scaling biotech unit operations.
- Knowledge of analytical methodology.
- Excellent computer skills including EXCEL, Word and MS Project.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and interchange from projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button.
Closing Date: April 8, 2021
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation.
BioVectra is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply!
We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
- Job Family Target Bonus 10
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlottetown, PE, Canada