Analytical Chemist, Quality Projects
BioVectra Inc. has an opening for an Analytical Chemist, Quality Projects. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out literature searches to evaluate currently known analytical methods and preparing analytical research and development plans.
- Assisting in project evaluations and with pro forma costing of custom projects.
- Developing modern analytical methodologies, applying high pressure liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, ultraviolet spectroscopy, infrared spectroscopy, etc.
- Maintaining, calibrating and troubleshooting analytical equipment.
- Completing paperwork for the release of materials, including status labels and certificates of analysis.
- Writing quality control procedures, cGMP protocols and reports.
- Transferring technology to technical staff, as a member of the project team working effectively with both the R & D and Quality Control groups.
- Working as part of the project team to support the overall requirements of a project and client, including working directly with clients.
- Following the company’s quality standard (quality management system procedures and cGMP regulations).
- Preparing and testing purified analytical standards.
- Training and supervising research assistants and summer students.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- B.Sc. degree in chemistry with previous analytical chemistry experience.
- MSc or PhD in chemistry preferred.
- 2 year relevant lab experience in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of analytical methodology including: IR, UV, NMR, GC, HPLC and KF
- Working knowledge of computer software including: word processing, spreadsheets, chemical drawing software, online chemical database searches.
- Ability to switch easily between projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate and interact with professionals and technical specialists in related disciplines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button below.
Closing Date: April 10 2021
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation.
BioVectra is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply!
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 11 Aviation Avenue, Charlottetown, PE C1E 0A1, Canada