Airport Operations Centre Operator - YWG Airport
We take pride in providing partnerships with our clients, providing facility management and energy solutions. Whether creating modern and imaginative work spaces, enhancing carbon and green performance, or delivering high quality facility services, we will bring our imagination, energy and technologies to deliver a unique client experience that creates tangible value and benefit to our clients and partners.
Our core values of safety, integrity, commitment, helpfulness, results, team work, empowerment, innovation and honesty contribute to our family-orientated Bouygues culture and we are committed to hiring people who are leadership focused, team-centered and pride themselves to take ownership and are accountable.
An opportunity is available for Full time and Part Time Airport Operations Centre Operators (AOCO) in our 24/7 Airport Operations Centre (AOC) at the Winnipeg Richardson International Airport.
Reporting to the Team Lead and the Airport Support Services Manager, you will be responsible for responding to our internal and external customer’s needs, resource allocation, operations and airport security support. This individual will demonstrate a high level of professionalism and support Bouygues Core Values. You will support a team of AOCOs that will provide safe and reliable services to our client, internal & external customers along with our airport stakeholders.
This role is a unionized position, with a wage rate of $17.04, and a $1.00 increase after probation.
The Airport Operations Centre is the heart of the Winnipeg International Airport which co-ordinates daily airport operational duties in a Command Centre setting. We are looking for individuals who can a handle a fast paced workload in a constantly changing environment. You will be responsible for monitoring multiple radio channels, phone lines, access control systems while maintaining and updating work status logs. You will play a vital role in coordinating, facilitating and executing the needs of our customers. Our professionals serving as Operations Agents will be skilled professionals that will exhibit a positive persona inside and outside the workplace.
Job Description and Qualifications
As a central point of communications, you will facilitate and execute airport operating plans as they relate to aircraft, security, weather and general building facility related events. When necessary you will be responsible for responding to and supporting WAA employees during emergency events. You will continuously monitor all systems and dispatch resources and provide status updates. Systems include, but are not limited to all communications systems, communication logs/audits, CCTV, access control, fire panels and security records. You will handle classified and sensitive personal data that will require a very high level of business maturity.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Well-developed keyboard skills
- Knowledge of security technology (I.e. CCTV, Access Control, Fire Alarm) is an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional oral communication and listening skills
- Provide clear and concise communication while recording all information in a detailed and factual manner
- Strong command of the English language, both written and oral, and be able to communicate effectively
- Ability to speak fluently in both English and French.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced and multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work under stress
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with a diversity of situations and people
In order to safely perform the duties of this job, the successful candidate must:
- Have experience within airport or command centre environment; or an equivalent combination of education and airport/dispatch experience.
- Be customer service oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment while maintaining professionalism and sound judgement
- Able to work rotating shifts, including morning, evening and overnight shifts
- Able to obtain and retain a Transport Security Clearance
Our Airport Operations Centre operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days a year. Training will consist of 3 weeks’ in-class instruction, following a Monday to Friday (7 a.m. to 3 p.m.) schedule, after which you will be assigned a trainer for on-the-job training, following a 4X4 rotating schedule of days and nights.
Applicants in consideration for hire shall be subject to a thorough background investigation that includes, but is not limited to: Transport Canada background checks, law enforcement agencies, if required; personal and work references.
There is an extensive hiring process and applicants must be available for each stage of the process.
Successful candidates must be available to work all shifts (day shifts of 12 hours (7am-7pm) and overnight shifts 12 hours (7pm-7am).
You will be joining a great family orientated culture, combined with a competitive compensation package. We offer an excellent benefit program, a matching RRSP program, and many other employee perks.
If we have just described your ideal employer, we would love to meet you.
Come join one of the largest Facility Management companies, and apply today!
- Job Family New
- Pay Type Hourly
- Winnipeg, MB, Canada