Property Management - Senior Director, Property & Asset Management
Reports to: Vice President, Property Management, Western Canada
Canderel Management (West) Inc. seeks an experienced Senior Director, Property & Asset Manager to oversee a portfolio of office properties located in Alberta. Our core business is the third-party management of commercial properties. The Senior Director, Property & Asset Management will be responsible for tasks associated with the portfolio assigned to them.
- Provides support to Vice President, Property Management, in the development, valuation and administration of all asset management functions for a portfolio of high-profile assets in the Edmonton and Calgary regions;
- Manages all aspects of the portfolio including the oversight of staff, tenants, leasing, reporting, budgeting, identification of efficiencies and gaps, thereby maximizing ROI to the client;
- Ensure all outgoing documentation and reports are completed accurately and within the timelines provided by the various interested parties;
- Uphold compliance with applicable laws, lease agreements, business contracts, regulatory bodies, internal policies and client expectations;
- Provide recommendations to executive / senior management teams and stakeholders on the valuation, risks, benefits, market trends and other key metrics in the management of the portfolio;
- Develop business partnerships locally and otherwise, to assist in the execution of business strategies, developing new leads and growing the existing portfolio;
- Implement controls guaranteeing internal policies are being followed and contractual obligations are fulfilled, curtailing liability for stakeholders and corporate interests. This is further reinforced by maintaining a high level of awareness of regulatory guidelines, changing legislation, market and economic conditions;
- Provide input in the annual budget process. Review and audit budget in the final stages to identify errors and trends for future year forecasting. Capital and leasing projections will be required during the initial development and revision processes;
- Liaise with internal and external brokers on the lease-up of vacant space or sourcing new tenants for vacancies;
- Facilitate a high-performance environment by emerging as a dynamic and ambitious leader who fosters the corporate vision; and
- Demonstrate a solid acumen of industry intelligence, competitor market activities, emerging market trends, pricing and profit expectations on a micro and macro level.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- A minimum of seven to ten years of relevant experience with commercial real estate investment assets;
- A current and active Real Estate License is considered an asset for the position;
- Third Party Leasing or Property Management experience or a broker’s license will be considered an advantage;
- Experience with leasing and liaising with leasing brokers;
- The successful candidate will have an extensive network of contacts in the real estate industry along with an impeccable reputation;
- Knowledgeable in sustainability and the certification of buildings;
- Competent in the use of Argus valuation software;
- Excellent organizational, communication, computer, multi-tasking skills; and
- Satisfactory criminal background check clearance.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Jeff Farrell, Talent Acquisition Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Property Management
- Pay Type Salary
- 10050 112 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5K 1L9, Canada