Project Management & Development Services - Tenant/Construction Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Project Management, Project & Development Services
The Tenant / Construction Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and tracking of landlord work requirements, drawing reviews and being Canderel’s representative to tenants while coordinating with multiple internal departments including leasing, PDS, investments and legal. The role reports to the Director of Project Management, PDS.
- Coordination of Landlord Work between Leasing and Construction when negotiating leases including being able to provide order of magnitude estimates
- Providing regular reporting and communication to development, construction and leasing teams on the status of project, including the delivery of drawings, construction progress and acceptance
- Possess a detailed understanding of Landlord Work requirements under leases and ensure that drawings and construction are coordinated with these items
- Act as external representative with Tenant throughout construction process until key- handover and throughout deficiency process
- Responsible for ensuring smooth handover from Landlord to Tenant of the building or suite
- Attend site meetings, walkthroughs, inspections with the Taza Development Authority, Consultants and Contractors
- Assist with the technical review of detailed design plans, contract documents and technical specifications
- Provide input to and coordinate with Taza Development and Construction teams
- Works with Project and Development Services team to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets
- Coordinates the activities of the designers, tenants, contractors, building operations, landlord to ensure timely information is exchanged to complete the action items as anticipated
- Maintains accurate and relevant project records and assemble, compile distribute management reports
- Maintaining excellent communications and cooperation between Owner, Consultant, Tenant & Contractor teams
- Maintaining all project documentation and records relating to tenants and base building
- Assisting in setting scope and budgets for base building work to accommodate lease requirements
- Coordinating all changes for both project design and project construction, including changes required for lease
- Assisting in delivering requirements of the lease in the prescribed manner, within schedule and budget
- Participate in Owner / Contractor / Design meetings
- Liaise and coordinate between base building and tenant representatives, design and construction teams
- Review and maintain understanding of base building schedule and scope of work
- Review, coordinate, track and ensure contract deliverables are achieved
- Initiate, document, seek and provide approvals, review and coordinate changes to scopes of work
- Assemble, maintain, coordinate and follow up on project action items lists
- Conduct field reviews, and document project and lease deliverables
- Review and coordinate tenant construction documents with base building and teams
- Participate in leasing, design, management and construction meetings
- Document and maintain all information relating to tenant improvements affecting base building
- Provide assistance to project manager on administrative tasks as necessary
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 3 years work experience in a role related to construction, interior design, leasing or project coordination/administration
- General knowledge of construction practices/terminology and/ or building technology
- Demonstrated experience in reading construction documents and specification manuals.
- Knowledge of basic building design and systems.
- Good knowledge of real estate, building operations, facilities, and construction.
- Good knowledge of landlord/tenant lease language as it relates to tenant construction.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to establish monitor and question expenditures.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Previous experience in finished product delivery and asset management handover considered to be an asset
- Familiarity with legal documents considered to be an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Computer skills including AutoCAD, MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Proven ability to work in high pressured environments with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to take initiative and ownership with tasks
The successful candidate will possess strong coordination skills and will have demonstrated accomplishments a growing retail portfolio and in meeting the tenant coordination goals and objectives of the portfolio. This individual will be a valued member of the Taza team.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Jeff Farrell, Talent Acquisition Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Project & Development Services
- Pay Type Salary
- 5 Richard Way SW, Calgary, AB T3E 7M8, Canada