Maintenance Mechanic II - Crowne Plaza
Niagara Falls based, Canadian Niagara Hotels Group of Companies is one of Canada’s largest and most successful diversified entertainment businesses with more than 2500+ talented professionals spread across its various Hotels, Spas, Conference centres, Restaurants, Indoor Waterpark, Craft brewery and Craft Distillery, City Touring, Entertainment , and Specialty Retail businesses, with more to come! We are home to World class brands including Marriott, Sheraton, IHG, Morton’s, Milestones, Hard Rock Café, Rainforest Café , Hershey, and Starbucks- to name a few! Regardless of what business or role you start with, career development opportunities and rewards are endless for people delivering exceptional guest satisfaction and attaining business results.
Mechanic II Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and in guest rooms as assigned.
- Perform guestroom and public area repairs (caulking, basic plumbing, tile repair, painting, etc).
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical equipment
- Able to safely shut down and isolate equipment.
- Perform mechanical rounds as required and maintain records.
- Use the fire panel in emergency situations.
- Assist and mentor all Maintenance Utility workers by relating skills and experience as required.
What you’ll need as a Mechanic II:
- 2 years’ experience in a Maintenance capacity
Education: Related College Diploma
- Working knowledge of electrical systems
- General knowledge of WHMIS and health & safety procedures
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job (i.e. lifting 50lbs, climbing ladders
- Ability to read blue prints and sketching floor plans considered an asset.
- Previous carpentry experience considered an asset.
Must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
We also understand that diversity includes people with disabilities who might require reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate and contribute to their full capabilities or candidates for employment interested in reviewing or receiving information pertaining to careers at Canadian Niagara Hotels. This includes being able to fully participate in the Resort’s candidate selection process, including personal interviews in many circumstances, wherever possible and practical. If you would like to receive information in another format or other communications supports please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 905-374-4446 extension 4352.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Crowne Plaza, 5685 Falls Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada