Junior Data Analyst
Niagara Falls-based Canadian Niagara Hotels Group of Companies is one of Canada’s largest and most successful diversified
entertainment businesses, with more than 2500 talented professionals spread
across its various Hotels, Spas, Conference Centres, Restaurants, Craft Brewery and
Distillery, Indoor Waterpark, City Touring, Entertainment and Specialty Retail businesses -
with more to come! We are home to world-class brands including Marriott,
Sheraton, IHG, Morton’s, Milestones, Hard Rock Café, Rainforest Café, Hershey
and Starbucks - to name a few. Regardless of what business or role you start
with, career development opportunities and rewards are endless for people
delivering exceptional guest satisfaction and attaining business results.
The Revenue Management Opportunity
We are currently seeking a Junior Data Analyst who has a passion and aptitude for data analysis to support our efforts to maximize revenue and profit growth targets across multiple businesses. Reporting to the Director of Revenue Management, responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversight of BI tools, data analysis and data infrastructure supporting daily/monthly/quarterly updates of marketing materials and collateral.
- Design, develop and support next-generation data delivery, dashboards, and visualizations, serving the needs of our full range of end users, from representatives on the sales floor to PR and external clients, to the executive leadership team.
- Ongoing and project-based analyses - turning data into meaningful recommendations.
- Work autonomously to achieve our outcomes and manage your timelines, prioritizing between planned analytics projects and ad-hoc data requests
- Work with finance, marketing, sales and executive teams to create new reports or enhance existing reports as required.
- Manage regulatory, financial and executive reporting processes.
- Create and manage automated validations testing suites on all reporting processes.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications to existing databases.
- Work with Software providers and Data & Analytics Lead to design and oversee automated processes using principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
- Provide timely responses and solutions on issues that arise in day-to-day automated reporting processes.
- Proactively identify causes of poor data quality and implement and/or recommend activities to improve data quality with focus.
- Investigate data quality issues identified by data stakeholders as well as those detected by data quality monitoring rules.
- Continuously improve reporting implementation and adapt to changing technologies.
Knowledge and Skills:
- University or college degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or – quantitative/analytical related field.
- Experience in writing sophisticated SQL queries.
- Proficient with data visualization software, preferably Tableau.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including Pivot Tables, macros, formulas, and functions.
- Strong analytical skills; outstanding attention to detail - gathering and analyzing data.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills – comfortable analyzing data across multi properties and identifying insights.
- Familiarity with databases and ETL concepts and processes. SQL/SSMS/SSIS/SSDT strongly preferred.
- Strong technical and business acumen and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and help fellow colleagues, as well as working independently in a results- driven environment.
- Works well under pressure and can manage multiple tasks under time constraints.
- Focus / Initiative / Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to uphold confidential information.
We also understand that diversity includes people with disabilities who might require reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate and contribute to their full capabilities or candidates for employment interested in reviewing or receiving information pertaining to careers at Canadian Niagara Hotels. This includes being able to fully participate in the Resort’s candidate selection process, including personal interviews in many circumstances, wherever possible and practical. If you would like to receive information in another format or other communications supports please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 905-374-4446 extension 4850.
- Pay Type Salary
- Niagara Falls, ON, Canada