Senior Financial Accountant
The Canadian Niagara Hotels group is the largest hospitality and entertainment group in the Niagara region, which owns and operates some of the worlds most respected and valued brands: Sheraton, Crowne Plaza, Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe,Perkins, Hershey’s, Coca-Cola, and Starbucks – to name but a few. Many of the businesses are award winning & internationally recognized as best in class.
It is our employees that make the difference, proving that great ideas, collaboration and entrepreneurial spirit can turn possibilities into success. As an employee in this company, you would be part of a growing and faced paced organization.
Serving an international tourist market, the company’s mission is to deliver the maximum number of memorable experiences to their guests in the most efficient and focused manner possible.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are looking for a seasoned accounting professional who has a technical passion in accounting, from building journal entries, to preparing
financial statements,as well as working with Operations to help them maximize overall profitability
You have a hands-on problem solving approach and you are results oriented. Your innate flexibility allows you to be adaptive to our dynamic work environment and successfully work with colleagues both in and outside of Finance. You love working with others; yet you can work independently in an effective manner. You thrive on change – to create change and to help others to adapt to it. We are a culture that emphasize working as a team, empathy, and a sense of curiosity: having these traits with your experience will make you the ideal candidate.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Financial Accountant plays an integral role in both financial reporting and financial analysis of the Hotel portfolio. With the support of the Assistant Controller, this individual works closely with different members in Operations to deliver value added insights that will maximize overall profitability. As stewards of the Company’s internal controls, this role will monitor them and to assess them against various risk areas. To succeed in this role, this individual must be able to meet deadlines and balance various deliverable's at the same time
What you’ll do as Senior Financial Accountant
- Prepare and support year-end financial audit activities including the preparation of financial statements, notes and supporting documentation; as well as the preparation of tax working papers.
- Support the monthly financial statements for a designated group of businesses, as well as preparing journal entries and assisting with resolving accounting issues.
- Act as a valued business partner who collaborates and supports operations with timely, useful financial information for decision making.
- Prepare and submit compliance requirements on a monthly basis, including CRA compliance (HST, Corp Tax, and Non Resident Tax) and franchise reporting.
- Review and assess company’s internal controls; enforces proper accounting methods, policies and procedures.
- Support the Finance team with a multitude of various projects as required.
- CPA designation preferred, enrolled in CPA desired.
- Excellent technical accounting and audit knowledge; ASPE is ideal.
- Experience in full cycle accounting.
- Hotel experience would be valued; knowledge of Marriott global reporting standards and systems is highly preferred
- An enthusiastic and optimistic team player who has a passion for business and finance.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities within structured deadlines and deliverables.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Strong working knowledge of excel; experience with Sage 300.
- Candidate must be located within a commutable distance
We also understand that diversity includes people with disabilities who might require reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate and contribute to their full capabilities or candidates for employment interested in reviewing or receiving information pertaining to careers at Canadian Niagara Hotels. This includes being able to fully participate in the Resort’s candidate selection process, including personal interviews in many circumstances, wherever possible and practical. If you would like to receive information in another format or other communications supports please send an email to email@example.com or by telephone at 905-374-4446 extension 4352
- Pay Type Salary
- Crowne Plaza, 5685 Falls Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada