Chef de Partie - Milestones Grill+Bar @ Marriott on the Falls
As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotels, you’ll have access to an amazing medical and dental benefits plan and discounts at hotels around the world. We also include perks like free parking for our associates. We’re a company that believes in the talent of our associates, and invests in helping them learn and grow in their career. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 2500+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing a luxury to each guest so they feel welcome, comfortable, and free to be themselves.
If you are a Culinary Professional looking to take your career to the next level, this is the position for you!
Milestones Grill + Bar is located on the Mezzanine level of the Marriott on the Falls directly overlooking Niagara Falls. Our full-service restaurant and bar provides an upscale, casual atmosphere. Whether our Guests are traveling on business or taking a much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guest. This is a unionized hourly position within a unionized hotel operation.
Summary of Responsibilities:
At Milestones Grill + Bar we are currently searching for someone with a culinary passion to take on the position of Chef De Partie who has a passion for excellence to assist in leading our culinary team. This position will be directly reporting and assisting The Restaurant Chef in running the operations of the Milestones Restaurant. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting in day-to-day management and operations of Milestones kitchen which includes:
assisting in overseeing Milestones specs on preparation, portioning, labour, budgeting, purchasing, inventory, quality, presentation, conducting daily line checks, providing feedback to entire kitchen team and scheduling of culinary associates so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping costs in line.
- Ensuring proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products in compliance with public health department’s regulations.
- Being invisible and interacting with guests/customers in the restaurant to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Maintaining, implementing policies and procedures in accordance with Milestones specifications and Marriott International .
- Ensuring strict adherence to established Milestones and Marriott standards, which includes in assisting in conducting ongoing and professional development of culinary associates and daily stand up/communication meetings.
- Maintaining professional standards of conduct and appearance at all times in the kitchen.
- Understand our daily reservations, guests demographics and proactively adjust production levels needed for daily and weekly services.
- Have a welcoming personality that will help engage and promote team members in a positive learning environment
- Support the Restaurant Chef and Executive Chef on a day-to-day operations as requested.
- Minimum of 5 years cooking experience in high volume restaurant with at least 1-year experience in a Supervisory capacity.
- Culinary Red Seal required or working towards actively.
- Diploma in Culinary Management.
- Make necessary decisions in the absence of the restaurant chef and guide the team through training, coaching in an engaging manner.
- Food Safe Handler is Certification - preferred or attained within 30 days work environment. Must be current and up to date with 12 months minimum before expiry.
- Strong leadership and Communication skills – demonstrated conversational ability to train staff to provide exceptional guest experiences and correct staff, as required, in order to ensure all staff, operate at a consistent level of performance. Additionally, must be able to facilitate effective meetings and motivate the kitchen associates to produce results.
- Handling of culinary environment demands in a positive controlled manner.
- The successful candidate is expected to be a leader in demonstrating behaviours consistent with Milestones Culture Statement and Marriott Hotels International.
- Basic knowledge of computer desktop systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office System – i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexible in working within the hotel environment kitchens supporting events, productions and opportunities outside the Milestones operation in the same capacity.
- Growth and development opportunities within the Hotel.
- Working with professional and great team members under Milestones Grille + Marriott Standards
- Complimentary daily staff meal “lunch, dinner and midnight”
- Immediate access to the Friends and Family hotel discounts at any participating Marriott, Delta and Starwood brands hotels worldwide. In addition, access to dining discounts at Recipe Unlimited Corp. full-service restaurants which operates restaurant brands that include: Milestones Grill+Bar, The Keg, Pickle Barrel, Kelsey’s Roadhouse, Marigolds and Onions, East Side Mario’s, Bier Markt, State & Main, Kitchen*Bar, Montana’s, Prime Pubs and The Landing to name a few.
- Complimentary Staff parking; complimentary bike storage facilities.
- Shower and locker facilities.
- Complimentary personal uniform cleaning.
- Complimentary Company sponsored events.
We also understand that diversity includes people with disabilities who might require reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate and contribute to their full capabilities or candidates for employment interested in reviewing or receiving information pertaining to careers at Canadian Niagara Hotels. This includes being able to fully participate in the Resort’s candidate selection process, including personal interviews in many circumstances, wherever possible and practical. If you would like to receive information in another format or other communications supports please send an email to email@example.com or by telephone at 905-374-4446 extension 4352.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Marriott On The Falls, 6755 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada