Street Team Member - Promotions and Public Relations
About the Role:
Are you looking for an awesome job that will get you into the coolest events and concerts in the city, that PAYS you to hang at bars and engage with people? Do you thrive in social situations.... Are you the LIFE of the party? Corus Radio Ottawa is searching for our next Street Team Member for an entry-level Promotions/Public Relations position.
If you have a youthful, outgoing, energetic and approachable personality and you LOVE engaging with the public both face-to-face and through social media, then we want to meet you! We’re looking for bright young people who love to work as a team, and who can get creative in on-site situations.
Reporting to the Promotions Director, you’ll be responsible for representing the station all over town while creating fun, memorable experiences for our listeners.
You must thrive on being the centre of attention and never be afraid of approaching people, or of having too much fun!
• Represent Corus Radio all over Ottawa and execute station appearances on the street, at events, concerts, festivals, client locations, movie premieres, etc.
• Engage with listeners and make them remember you. You’re approachable and you love talking to strangers!
• Be a social media expert, posting pics to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook from station events, concerts, on the street, etc. You should be the first person to know what’s going on!
• Promote the station and brand with a big smile! Be outgoing, enthusiastic and have fun!
• Be able to shine in front of a crowd and be comfortable on a microphone.
• Responsible, reliable and punctual. Always represent the station in a professional manner.
• Gain a thorough knowledge of the equipment in order to efficiently set up and tear down equipment and signage.
What We Need From You:
• Must have a flexible schedule and be available weekends/evenings/holidays.
• Must be 19 years of age or older.
• Must have a valid class “G” Ontario drivers licence and a clean driving record.
• Excellent geographic knowledge of Ottawa.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
• Must thrive in a fast paced, team environment.
• Able to lift and carry equipment as required.
• Previous promotional experience is an asset.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PD-Production
- Job Function 03-Marketing Generalists
- Pay Type Hourly
- Ottawa, ON, Canada