Production Executive, Original Programming
- Establish relationships with several independent production companies in order to develop high-caliber documentary and fiction series;
- Organize meetings to align them with external producers on the needs of our channels and receive projects;
- Read and structure the information received and provide constructive comments on each of the proposed projects;
- Work with the Senior Director to select relevant projects, according to the editorial focus and the target audience of our Historia and Séries Plus channels;
- Review documents such as budgets and production schedules;
- Have our legal team draft agreements and other documents;
- Provide detailed information to ensure that the content produced meets the technical and creative specifications of our brands;
- Read synopses, bibles and scripts from fiction series, comment on the writing and align the authors so that the project meets the needs of our audience;
- Occasionally, supervise casting or filming sessions in order to ensure a good understanding of the broadcaster's needs with the production team;
- Work with the producers of series already broadcast in order to continually improve their product in cases of renewal for new seasons;
- Circulate information about our original productions to our communications, marketing, creative and advertising, web and sales teams;
- Represent Corus at various industry events;
- Keep a competitive watch and a market watch.
- Be a go-getter with a strong creative instinct;
- 5 years or more of experience in the production of documentary and / or fiction content;
- Excellent understanding of the Quebec television environment;
- Good understanding of the guiding principles of the different CMF programs;
- Strong communication skills, including tact, diplomacy and good judgment;
- Ability to establish lasting relationships and positive attitude;
- Ability to work with great autonomy, while being a team player.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their curriculum vitae by November 30, 2020.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from women, men, visible minorities, Indigenous people and people with disabilities.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PD-Production
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada