Corus is a Canadian media and entertainment company that creates, broadcasts and sells content rights through multiple platforms for audiences around the world. Its portfolio includes, among others, 60 television channels and 39 radio stations in Canada. Its brands include Global, YTV, Showcase, Food Network, HGTV, W Network, as well as Nelvana, Kids Can Press and Toon Boom. Corus operates the specialty television channels Historia, Séries Plus, Télétoon and La Chaîne Disney in Quebec.
Corus is looking for a candidate to fill a full-time permanent position as Programming Coordinator in our Montreal office.
Reporting to the Head of French Specialty Networks, the selected candidate will have to coordinate and produce reports for the programming of the four French-language channels and provide support to the programming team.
Description of tasks / Responsibilities
- Enter metadata into S4M and / or IBMS programming tools;
- Develop video-on-demand strategies and send them to cable distributors, follow up on issues;
- Reconcile the program record and ensure compliance between what was scheduled and what was broadcast on a daily basis;
- Receive lists of anomalies from the CRTC and correct the errors;
- Produce and update our Canadian content inventory;
- Create reports to monitor compliance with conditions of license;
- Update of the monthly usage report of the Society of Dramatic Authors and Composers;
- Update of the SODRAC copyright usage report;
- Check the programming and coding of programs in Numéris software and ensure close monitoring when programming changes;
- Follow up with producers regarding the deliverables to be provided to the programming department;
- Calculate audience success for our original productions and produce an annual report on Canadian programming for the Canadian Media Fund;
- Learn the S4M programming software in order to make certain replacements in the programming and routing team, when required;
- Ensure compliance with deadlines and data quality;
- Perform any other related tasks required by the programming team.
Requirements and skills
- Relevant diploma and / or 2 years of experience in television;
- Good understanding of the Quebec television environment;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel;
- Ease of learning and mastering new programming software;
- Knowledge of S4M and / or IBMS programming tools, an asset;
- Strong communication skills, including tact, diplomacy and good judgment;
- Ability to establish lasting relationships and positive attitude;
- Ability to work with great autonomy, while being a team player;
- Very good knowledge of French and English, spoken and written;
- Sense of organization and attention to detail.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their curriculum vitae by November 30, 2020.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from women, men, visible minorities, Indigenous people and people with disabilities.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PG-Programming
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada