Anchor, Intermediate - News
Anchor, Intermediate - News
About the Role:
Global News Radio AM880 is looking for a regular radio anchor/reporter for a 6-month term to join the #1 newsroom in Alberta. This position is part of the Global Radio News team, which produces live, local newscasts around the clock, seven days a week.
It may include backfill on a variety of shifts that including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
Reporting to the News Director, you will be responsible for:
- Anchoring hourly and half-hourly newscasts on AM880 and other platforms as required;
- Monitoring all news sources, including feeds, wires, and social media;
- Chasing breaking stories, advancing existing stories and developing original stories;
- Conducting interviews and reporting from both the newsroom and the field and filing for radio newscasts and online as the story merits;
- Communicating with the main desk and coworkers on all platforms on breaking news, tips, story chases, and interviews.
- Monitoring CHED talk shows and pulling newsworthy stories;
- Degree or diploma in broadcast journalism from a recognized institution;
- At least two years' experience anchoring and reporting;
- Proven ability to write accurate, concise, creative broadcast copy;
- Experience meeting multiple tight deadlines for broadcast and online;
- Ability to develop sources, contacts and original stories for broadcast and online;
- Ability and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and required skills in a multifaceted news operation;
- Familiarity and ease in using Facebook, Twitter and other forms of social media;
- Excellent people skills with the ability to work independently, effectively and cooperatively in a team environment;
- A valid driver’s licence.
Please include a link to your demo in your application.
Deadline to apply is April 16, 2021.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PG-Programming
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary
- Edmonton, AB, Canada