Digital Broadcast Journalist
Do you enjoy working on a dynamic team of people committed to serving the community with information and conversation? Are you excited to share your stories with Global News Winnipeg, 680 CJOB and globalwinnipeg.ca audiences?
Global News has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Broadcast Journalist (Group 4: Digital Broadcast Journalist) to join our team.
Reporting to the Manager, News and Content, the successful candidate will be responsible for collecting and presenting news on our digital, radio and television platforms.
- Daily multiplatform reporting of news and community events
- Write and produce content with multiple deadlines for radio and television newscasts, OTT, and online
- Tell good, people-centered stories tailored to each platform with strong video and audio
- Generate original and relevant story ideas on a daily basis
- Regularly communicate story ideas and information with colleagues on all platforms
- Develop and maintain news contacts for interviews and information
- Shoot and Edit ENG video for broadcast and online
- Operate Dejero and other Cell or IP based technologies
- Understand and adhere to Global News’ Journalistic Principles and Practices
- Represent our brands at public functions
- Available to work weekdays, evenings, early mornings, and weekends
- Embrace and demonstrate Corus’ five values
- Perform other duties as required.
What We Need From You
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to work independently, be accountable to the team and have a positive, can-do attitude
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent experience
- Experienced journalist capable of reporting daily news
- Strong writing and storytelling skills, with an understanding of how to write for different platforms
- Ability to meet strict short deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to go live from the field with strong presentation skills and clarity
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Familiarity with WordPress and CP style an asset
- Previous shooting and editing experience an asset
- Familiarity with Burli an asset
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
Job posting closes April 4, 2021.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Winnipeg, MB, Canada