Video Journalist (Mtl-A) - News Gathering
Video Journalist (Mtl-A) - News Gathering
Division: Global News
Work Status: Fulltime
About the Role:
Reporting to the Managing Editor at Global Montreal, the following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Shoot and produce quality visual material for various programs;
- Edit video and audio into quality news, sports and current affairs stories on a digital platform in the newsroom or at remote locations;
- Edit stories in a creative and technically accurate manner;
- Gather information from news source for anchor voice overs and stories, including conducting interviews;
- Responsible for shooting visuals and providing audio for remote live segments;
- Maintain the camera and editing equipment;
- Playback stories from news edit suites or remote locations;
- Responsible for safely operating and maintaining a company vehicle;
- Transfer feed tapes to edit packs or work reel stories from other news services for use on air or for storage;
- Help maintain a reliable archival system and collaborate with editorial staff in seeking out video archives within the network system;
What We Need From You:
- Bilingual in English and French
- Demonstrated ability to shoot video and audio using broadcast video equipment
- Demonstrated understanding of the rules and concepts of video recording.
- Maintain camera, equipment and vehicle and operate safely
- Demonstrated ability to create, curate and develop content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must work well under pressure and have a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to meet strict daily deadlines, and work co-operatively with others in a dynamic teamwork environment.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
- Two years experience in a broadcast newsroom or the equivalent
- College degree in journalism, media, film production or a related field.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- An ability to work independently
- A knack for thinking on your feet under pressure
- A positive can do attitude
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada