state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers
world-class video entertainment and communications services to
residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one
of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink
provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and
automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced
programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the
largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an
employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
Reporting to the Manager, Eastlink Community TV Community Programming, the Producer will have a strong communication, technical and editorial background coupled with a passion for technology. As a representative of Eastlink Community TV, the producer will be an active community member ensuring programs produced are relevant to local audience. Thorough, organized and driven to take ownership and accountability for their work, the successful candidate will have the skills to work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
• Produce, direct, edit productions and ensure consistent compliance with company policies, procedures and standards.
• Co-ordinate and develop efficiencies that will allow maximum output.
• Train and develop volunteer production crews.
• Conduct pre-production and post-production meetings and program critiques.
• Foster positive working relationships within the programming department as well as with volunteers, other company departments, media partners, community leaders, local organizations, and elected officials.
• Seek out relevant community organizations and individuals to develop effective local programming.
• Meet all legal and policy requirements under the Health and Safety Act.
• Comply with CRTC regulations and guidelines.
• Television production experience is an asset
• Degree in Television Production or post-secondary education in Television Production or Broadcasting, an asset.
• Experience in studio production, ENG/EFP, and multi-camera mobile production
• Experience with non-linear Avid editors.
• Experience with storytelling and script writing.
• Experience with contract and partnership management.
• Knowledge of production equipment, edit suites, studio production and computer graphics.
• A valid Nova Scotia driver’s license with good driving record, and reliable transportation.
• Ability work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Frequently required to lift heavy objects (e.g. 20kilos)
• Frequently required to work outside year-round.
• Reside within the local cable system network.
Why Choose Eastlink?
brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard
to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and
Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things
and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their
needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and
provide a unique brand experience.
are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make
the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to
attract the best people.
to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity
throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of
equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.
- Job Family Eastlink Community TV
- Pay Type Salary
- Sydney, NS, Canada