Senior Business Solutions Analyst
Canada's Challenger Bank™
Title: Senior Business Solutions Analyst
Department: Tech Delivery - Enterprise
Reports To: Manager, Delivery Lead
Purpose of the Job
Equitable has transformed into a hybrid-agile delivery methodology with cross-functional Pods dedicated to launching new products, features, and ongoing business value for portfolios. The Senior Business Solutions Analyst is an exciting new role at Equitable, which is accountable for the delivery of Office 365 solutions. We like to think of this role as a mash-up of a Business and Systems Analyst, who understands the business and technical setup of current solutions. Our vision is that the Senior Business Solutions Analyst will assist our Delivery teams to ensure that the solution is cohesive and meets the intended business value.
The Senior Business Solutions Analyst will work closely with business units, Delivery Leads, Product Owners and Project Managers to complete conceptual strategy engagements that will produce comprehensive business and technology options to address the proposed initiative. The incumbent will document user stories, process and system flows, and work with the delivery teams as well as application support to ensure the approach to delivery will introduce no additional risk to projects. The Senior Business Solutions Analyst will be involved in all deliveries from strategic and regulatory level initiatives to maintenance and support, ensuring that all changes being introduced will address the immediate business needs, and ensure that other inflight initiatives are not impacted. The Senior Business Solutions Analyst will be a core member within a cross-functional Pod and will work with stakeholders across Product Management, Operations, Fraud, AML and multiple Technology teams and suppliers.
- Establish a plan for stakeholder workshops to capture and elaborate detailed user stories, by bundles of Themes and Epics.
- Facilitate workshops to document customer / user needs, process / system flows, and end to end requirements as detailed user stories. User Stories will include key areas such as happy path experiences, alt/error flows, spec-by-example, acceptance criteria, and business value.
- With cross-functional Pod and external supplier support, design and implement Office 365 applications and solutions (Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI, Dynamics 365, and SharePoint Online).
- Document and present the high-level architecture and components of the business solution that meets business objectives and requirements identified by sponsors.
- Design, implement and maintain key components of the solutions that leverages various Office 365 services. Support cross-functional Pod to create acceptance criteria and testing artefacts, and story point estimation (where applicable).
- Support ad hoc business and technical analysis requests to support main activities as required, such as API data maps.
- Support daily stand-ups and project velocity reporting as required (ex: pace of writing & approving detailed user stories).
- Work with Quality Assurance team by providing input into the test strategy, test scenarios, test data requirements and supporting user validation
- Communicate changes to the requirements effectively and on a timely basis to delivery leads, project managers and other necessary stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years of experience in delivering technology projects in a Business Analyst or System Analyst capacity or related role participating on full lifecycle project implementations.
- Expertise in building Office 365 solutions including Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI, Dynamics 365 and SharePoint Online.
- Experience with various Office 365 services and APIs.
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 modules including Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance and Operations.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies. Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle concepts.
- Extensive experience in web interface analysis and mapping documentation.
- Post-Secondary education, preferably in Technology related fields.
- Job Family Equitable Bank
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada