Senior Business Analyst (630)
Canada's Challenger Bank™
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Department: Tech Delivery - Enterprise
Reports To: Manager, Technology
Purpose of Job
The Senior Business Analyst (BA) will facilitate the identification and documentation of detailed user stories (functional requirements), process and system flows and contribute to the overall user experience, technical solution, and acceptance criteria for the company’s core banking platforms and interfacing applications. The BA will facilitate communication between the business and IT, soliciting input and expertise from business subject matter experts and technology teams. The BA will support testing phases as well as assist with project implementation. The scope of most initiatives includes multiple business stakeholders, and downstream systems and vendors. The BA will be a core member within a cross-functional Pod that deliver initiatives using EQB’s hybrid-agile methodology and tools. The BA will work with stakeholder groups across Product Management, Operations, Fraud, AML, and multiple Technology teams and suppliers. EQB is using the latest suite of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, and add-ons) for capturing epics, user stories, flows, technical design documents, testing, and sprint-based execution.
- Establish a plan for stakeholder workshops to capture and elaborate detailed user stories, by bundles of Themes and Epics.
- Facilitate workshops to document customer / user needs, process / system flows, and end to end requirements as detailed user stories. User Stories will include key areas such as happy path experiences, alt/error flows, spec-by-example, acceptance criteria, and business value.
- With cross-functional Pod and external supplier support, decompose user story and experience requirements by supplier. Establish and maintain traceability form the Bank’s overarching requirements to each supplier.
- Drive and ensure sign-off of BA created artefacts across the Pod team and stakeholders.
- Support cross-functional Pod and to create technical design documents, create acceptance criteria and testing artefacts, and story point estimation (where applicable).
- Support ad hoc business and technical analysis requests to support main activities as required, such as API data maps.
- Support daily stand-ups and project velocity reporting as required (ex: pace of writing & approving detailed user stories).
- Work with Quality Assurance team by providing input into the test strategy, test scenarios, test data requirements and supporting user validation
- Communicate changes to the requirements effectively and on a timely basis to delivery leads, project managers and other necessary stakeholders
- 5 or more years of experience in delivering technology projects in a Business Analyst capacity or related role participating on full lifecycle project implementations
- Deep understanding of Software Development Life Cycle concepts.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Business domain knowledge in Canadian Lending - Residential or Commercial, Term Deposits or Accounting and Finance is mandatory.
- Good understanding of Compliance (FCAC) and Regulatory (OSFI, CDIC) regulations and policies
- Extensive experience in web interface analysis and mapping documentation.
- Good understanding of technology such as: online channels, real-time APIs, data storage / data bases, data domain models, UML, data mapping.
- Proficient user of all Microsoft tools; Knowledgeable with Atlassian suite (JIRA & Confluence).
- Post-Secondary education, preferably in Technology related fields
- Additional desirable skills include:
- Experience with OneSumX
- Experience with mortgageHUB
- Experience with Portfolio Plus
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada