Canada's Challenger Bank™
Title: Product Designer
Department: Digital Banking
Reports To: Senior Product Designer
Purpose of the Job
The Product Designer supports the Senior Product Designer, playing a key role on specific projects, accountable for translating business strategy into a functional, best in class digital experiences. The role is a Human Centered Design expert taking broad ideas and using research and insight to craft high fidelity deliverables ready for development. The ideal candidate thrives on representing design in fast-passed, cross-functional, agile environments. They are well versed in modern design tools and methods, able to read, understand and augment business requirements, and define all aspects of product UX. They hit the ground running, take initiative, and inspire confidence by showing the art of the possible, then deliver thorough UX specifications to various audience.
- Drives business value through design activities on specific project teams and crafts innovative experiences for customers
- Leads end-to-end product design process, from discovery to delivery, acting as voice-of-customer and advocating for progressive UX
- Defines and iterates Journeys, Service Design, Vision Boards, User Flows, Wireframes, Prototypes, and High-fidelity screens
- Delivers wireframes and high-fidelity screens for responsive web/browser and Mobile App (Android mobile, iOS mobile)
- Crafts project specific UX for Desktop and Mobile App paradigms, uncovering and defining opportunities for each
- Uncovers Moments of Truth that create value for customers and build experiences that amplify them, looks for opportunities across other products and features
- Facilitates discovery sessions, collaborative workshops, design reviews and check-ins with stakeholders
- Initiates research cycles and supports researchers in crafting scripts, research artifacts, analyzing data, and making recommendations
- Collaborates with Product Managers, Designers, Researchers, and Engineers to create deep product understanding and build innovative solutions
- Speaks up for design needs and product quality during Scrum ceremonies, demos, and project meetings
- Leverages existing components and patterns within the EQ Bank Design System while contributing to its continual evolution
- 5+ years of experience in a Digital UX, Interaction or Product Design roles building and shipping products, preferably built from ground up
- Varied academic backgrounds are welcome including UX, Design, Information System Design, Psychology, Architecture
- Extensive experience with complex, transaction and interaction-heavy, multi-platform ecosystems, balancing business strategy, data, and user needs
- At-scale thinker, starts with big picture and designs the end-to-end experience, including workflows information architecture, user journeys, concept sketches to high fidelity designs
- Mobile-first mindset and ability to differentiate between desktop and mobile paradigms, behavioral nuances, constraints, and capabilities
- Understanding of client-side and backend frameworks, application interface architecture, and negotiating feasible front-end UI solutions
- Hands-on experience in design research methods and ability to collaborate with research team
- Independent problem solver, creative, open minded, able to pivot, explore, and experiment
- Practiced in design and project management tools, including Figma, Invision, Zeplin, Jira, Confluence.
Examples of past work featuring UX and process artifact. Cohesive case studies are ideal.
(Please share a link to site or document).
- Job Family Equitable Bank
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada