Senior Business Analyst
Canada's Challenger Bank™
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Department: Retail and Commercial Lending Technology
Reports To: Technology Delivery Lead
Purpose of Job
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for supporting all aspects of the company’s core financial applications, including the triaging and management of reported system issues, collaboration with the business units and vendors to manage and prioritize backlog items as well as elicit and document user stories for system enhancements. The Senior BA will focus on understanding business processes and technology and work collaboratively with business stakeholders and IT to translate business needs into technical solutions. The core operational activity will be to proactively investigate, understand and articulate business issues, processes and opportunities and recommend solutions that can be applied. Types and sizes of projects vary with the business objectives and may include business case development, gap analysis, current and future state analysis and other activities that support business development and process re-engineering including all testing phases and project implementation.
The Senior Business Analyst will work with stakeholder groups across Product Management, Operations, Fraud, AML and multiple technology teams and suppliers.
- Establish a plan for stakeholder workshops to capture and elaborate detailed user stories, by bundles of Themes and Epics.
- Facilitate workshops to document customer / user needs, process / system flows, and end to end requirements as detailed user stories. User Stories will include key areas such as happy path experiences, alt/error flows, spec-by-example, acceptance criteria, and business value.
- Follow prescribed change control procedures making ensuring all changes are properly documented, approved and communicated from initiation to design to testing to implementation.
- Drive and ensure sign-off of BA created artefacts across the Pod team and stakeholders.
- Support cross-functional Pod and to create technical design documents, create acceptance criteria and testing artefacts, and story point estimation (where applicable).
- Support ad hoc business and technical analysis requests to support main activities as required, such as API data maps.
- Support daily stand-ups and project velocity reporting as required (ex: pace of writing & approving detailed user stories).
- Work with Quality Assurance team by providing input into the test strategy, test scenarios, test data requirements and supporting user validation
- Communicate changes to the requirements effectively and on a timely basis to delivery leads, project managers and other necessary stakeholders
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience as a Business Analyst leading, managing and delivering new and changed business processes and procedures on projects of increasing complexity and size
- Post-Secondary education, preferably in the areas of Information Technology and/or Commerce
- Deep understanding of Software Development Life Cycle concepts
- Good understanding of technology; from network, file system, database to software development concepts
- Proficient user of all MS desktop tools
- Experience with business process re-engineering will be a definite asset
- Strong organizational skills in prioritizing and keeping track of numerous initiatives
- Capable of multi-tasking effectively and handles change positively
- Effective communication/interpersonal skills for interacting with IT personnel, internal departments and external vendors
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Superior analytical, quantitative, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Leadership qualities and team player; strong sense of responsibility in taking ownership
- Process oriented with the ability to discuss, advise, coordinate and document processes with people from varying disciplines
- Experience and familiarity with term deposit and mortgage business is preferred
Additional Nice to Have Skills:
- Knowledge of JIRA + Confluence + Zephyr
- Experience working with web applications, API and SQL environments
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada