Culinary / R&D - Recipe Tester
Who We Are:
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared in our production facilities in East Vancouver and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit and we recently became BCorp Certified.
Who You Are:
- Passionate About Food:You are passionate about cooking & ingredients.
- Detail Oriented: You are highly detail oriented with a focus on pursuing excellence in the recipes being produced.
- A Team Player:You are a team player while being able to maintain a high level of self motivation.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Cooking recipes from start to finish to ensure all ingredients are appropriately listed and instructions are clear, concise and easy to execute.
- Leaving detailed feedback for the recipe developers to consider and following a check-list of tasks while testing new and reworked recipes.
- Cleaning of the test kitchen, equipment and tableware used during testing at the end of each session.
- Data entry and verification.
- Grocery and Kitchen Inventory Organization
- Supporting the overall needs of the culinary team with special projects.
- Review and final proofread of recipe copy, ensuring consistency and accuracy among all individual recipes.
- Work with recipe developers to improve and validate language for final recipes.
What We Are Looking For
- Attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to handle, cook and taste all types of food.
- Proficient in Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Intermediate level of cooking experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with various ingredients and produce
What You Can Expect:
An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, BC, Canada