Operational Excellence Specialist
Who We Are:
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are:
- Open: You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach problems from both a tactical and empathetic point of view.
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong Communicator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Key Lead for lean manufacturing projects
- Ensure timely completion of successful projects
- Strong understanding of lean principles: gemba (floor observations), identifying muda (inefficiency), poka-yoke (error proofing), kanban (pull system), standardized work, OEE (overall equipment effectiveness), heijunka (schedule levelling), PDCA (plan do check act cycle management), 6S (organization)
- Be talented in getting Employee buy in and engagement
- Have great passion towards cleanliness and organization of a production facility
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience in delivering process efficiency and effectiveness in a manufacturing setting
- Experience managing Lean projects
- Lean and/or Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt certification strongly preferred
- Automated manufacturing plant experience preferred
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
What You Can Expect:
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada