Who We Are:
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are:
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong Communicator and Negotiator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
- Receptive to Feedback: You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
- Self Starter: You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Organized and Detail Oriented: You take pride in organizing and prioritizing your work, tasks and projects. You strive to complete your work on time, in full, and error free.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support Purchasing Department in initiatives to meet cost/quality targets and maintain/improve supply chain.
- Execute the purchasing strategy led by Purchasing Manager to ensure ingredients are delivered; on time, in their entirety and of optimum quality to the Production Team.
- Review customer order forecasting data against inventory levels to place and process orders within authority.
- Communicate with suppliers/clients to schedule deliveries, resolve shortages or missed deliveries, review quotations and resolve production/supplier issues as they arise.
- Sourcing of ingredients or suppliers based on internal needs analysis or as requested.
- Review and analyze industry trends and make recommendations to senior or Manager.
- Maintain records including but not limited to; requisition orders, purchase orders, price lists/catalogues, supplier and ingredient documentation, and internal databases.
- Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions within authority or make recommendations to senior or Manager.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers/clients.
- Project work as requested.
Full-Time position Thursday through Monday coverage. Preferred hours 8:30am-4:30pm
What We Are Looking For:
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Completion of secondary school.
- Experience in purchasing and/or inventory management.
What you Can Expect:
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind.
We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada