Cleaning Facility Support
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Reliable & Dependable. You like to see a job well done and will ensure that things are done the “right” way. You show up for all scheduled shifts on time and ready to work.
- Multi-Tasking Hero. You can work in a sometimes hectic workspace without getting flustered or losing your helpful personality.
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
What You'll Be Doing
- Receiving all returned cooler bags from drivers, while ensuring that drivers continually have access to empty gaylords (large bins) to deposit returned cooler bags
- Responsible to ensure all bags received in a day are scanned by end of day
- Yard and staging areas are kept orderly and organized as well as ensuring first in first out (FIFO) inventory rotation
- Materials to and from work stations are flowing continuously without interruption
- Staging and/or loading clean materials to be sent to the main production facility
- Emptying out waste materials into waste bins
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a high attention for organization; be able to multitask effectively; and have physical endurance to keep up with a high volume of tasks that needs to be completed throughout the day. A warm and friendly personality with a can do attitude is also strongly preferred.
- High degree of keeping work areas organized and efficient
- Be able to multi-task based on changing needs/priorities during the day
- Sense of urgency to keep up with start of day, volume surges and end of day activities
- Collaborative team player that is willing to help others and friendly in demeanour
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference
- Competitive pay, as well as the opportunity to participate in our RRSP Matching Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, BC, Canada