Who We Are:
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are:
- Food Manufacturing Experience: You are experienced at supervising food preparation within a manufacturing environment
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
- Open: You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will be responsible for the prep department, which consists of 30+ hourly staff.
- You will be a key player in leading a diverse team that prepares and portions a wide variety of produce, cheeses, sauces and dry ingredients.
- As a People Leader, you have a strong knack at boosting employee morale; ensure performance expectations are well understood and adhered to; provide effective training programs; and manage employee feedback constructively
- You are a mentor to your team, which includes Lead Hands, Operators, Runners, Dishwashers and Prep Staff
- You will be accountable for budget and KPI alignment for the department. You will also determine and facilitate initiatives to improve year over year budget and KPI performance.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the planning of all prep operations, including labour scheduling, material/ingredient requests and contingency plans.
- You will be responsible for other operational aspects including ensuring that food safety and GMP’s are consistently being adhered to; company SOP’s and policies are followed; and regulatory requirements are being met.
- You will conduct incident investigations and facilitate corrective actions. You will also be responsible for confirming corrective actions are effective, followed through and are sustained.
- You are passionate about general cleanliness, tidiness, and organization of the production facility.
What We Are Looking For:
- 2 years of experience supervising productivity, product quality and driving process improvement in a manufacturing setting. Food manufacturing background is strongly preferred.
- 2 years experience handling fresh produce and ensuring ingredient quality is strongly preferred.
- 2 years experience promoting key players, grooming direct reports and conducting employee performance management.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience considered an asset.
What You Can Expect:
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada