Inside Sales - Heating
The will work as an Inside Sales Representative and a member of a team dedicated to the profitably of the heating segment of the Independent Mechanical Supply business. Sales opportunities can come from multiple sources including, but not limited to, the following market segments:
- Bid Specification;
- Phone/Counter Inquiries;
- Design Build;
- Industrial/Institutional MRO RFQ; and
- Government MRO RFQ.
Under the supervision of the Hydronic & HVAC Product Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Heating Sales staff member include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accurately identify and interpret the products on a job specification/scope of work/RFQ that are to be quoted by Independent Mechanical Supply;
- Accurately enter customer requests for quotes/orders/customer returns into IMS’s ERP system to be presented to either the end user or the outside sales representative under the direction of the Hydronic & HVAC Product Manager;
- Read, understand and be familiar with relevant vendor catalogues;
- Develop relationships with vendors that will create favourable business conditions (greater margin and accurate delivery dates) for Independent Mechanical Supply (IMS) Sales;
- Develop relationships with customers that positions Independent Mechanical Supply as their first choice for purchasing materials;
- Contact vendors to request project pricing and negotiate, where possible, for improved pricing on a project for the benefit of Customer and IMS;
- Coordinate customer returns from delivered projects with the customer and our vendors to minimize the negative impact to the customer and vendor while maximizing profitably for Independent Mechanical Supply;
- Provide accurate information to customers and troubleshoot when required
- Assist customers in sourcing products and solutions to their technical problems.
- Closely work with members of the Outside Sales Team; and with other individuals and departments within the Company;
- Embrace learning and Developing ones knowledge and skill sets and help other team members to ensure their growth
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of products sold by wholesale heating distributors, specifically commercial heating equipment;
- A solid understanding of hydronic heating with the ability to design systems, suggest equipment, diagnosis problems and offer solutions;
- Established history of demonstrating the ability to pay attention to detail;
- Desire to continually be educated in the requirements of the position;
- Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven fast paced environment;
- Experience in suggesting and implementing changes to processes and procedure;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Order Entry Software and Internet Information Gathering/Research;
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent Written and oral communication skills;
- Obsessed with Exceeding Expectations!
After your probation, you’ll be part of our health insurance plan. After a year, you’ll have access to a deferred profit-sharing plan and RRSP plan. In addition to standard vacation, you’ll receive 5 paid sick days
IMS is a mid-sized company with a small-company feel. We’re professional, but relaxed, and strive to maintain an open work environment. Any one of our 75 employees can talk to senior management for any reason, at any time.
We also value giving our people opportunities to advance. Many of our supervisors and managers have started in the warehouse. If you’re interested in learning and growing, this is the place for you.
- Pay Type Salary
- Rexdale, Toronto, ON, Canada