Food Security Support Worker
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
Position Description: The Food Security support worker will work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to promote housing stability for marginalized individuals, and supporting health, wellness and community belonging.
Hours of Work: 16-24 hours per week, including Saturday and Sunday. Some flexibility is required to meet program needs, including evenings. Further weekday hours may be available to cover holidays, staff vacation and sick time, as required.
Duties for this position include:
- Planning and facilitating food programs.
- Menu planning, preparation, and packaging for 35-40 individuals daily, with some special occasions involving an additional 30 meals per day.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment, including light cleaning of common areas and kitchen.
- Supporting the integrated pest management program.
- Following applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
Skills: A valid Food Handler’s certificate. The successful candidate should demonstrate a warm, sensitive and caring approach, the ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative. Must have strong problem-solving skills, be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness.
Education/Experience: College diploma, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work history. Experience in food programs or services an asset.
To Apply: Please apply online at www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 356 Dundas St, London, ON N6B 1V7, Canada