Canada Summer Jobs - FT Community Coordinator (Harvey Woods Lofts)
Community Coordinator – Full Time, 9 week contract
Harvey Woods Lofts - Woodstock, ON
Closing Date for Applications: May 14, 2021
Contract Dates: June through August 2021
All Position Subject to Approval by Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs
Candidates must be between 18-30 years old
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
Position Description: Report to the Program Manager, the Community Coordinator works to support tenants in connecting to community resources and events.
Hours of Work: Full time, 30 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet program needs, including evening and weekend hours. This position is a temporary contract, ending after 9 weeks.
Duties for this Position Include:
- Working as part of a team to provide direct and indirect support to tenants in a residential care facility.
- Helping individuals connect to community resources and supports.
- Reinforcing individuals’ life skills, spirituality, social and community skills by supporting participation in cultural, spiritual, recreational, leisure, educational, and social activities.
- Arranging and coordinating all aspects of recreational and community activities.
- Supporting volunteers.
- Documentation of events, including program planning, tracking of participants, evaluation of events.
- Develop therapeutic relationships.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
Requirements: Demonstrate a genuine interest in providing quality care for individuals living with mental illness, chronic conditions and physical disabilities. Must have the ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative. Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships.
Remuneration: $14.25/hour; hours and position length subject to approval of Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs.
To apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume at www.indwell.ca/careers . We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 18 Vansittart Ave, Woodstock, ON N4S 0A2, Canada