Housing and Food Security Support (6 Month Contract)
Housing and Food Security Support Worker – Full Time 6 Month Contract
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday, October 18, 2020
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
Position Description: The Housing and Food Security support worker will work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to promote housing stability for marginalized individuals, and supporting health, wellness and community belonging.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, scheduled between the hours of 8am and 8:30pm including some weekend hours.
Duties for this position include:
- Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team to provide direct and indirect support to individuals.
- Helping individuals connect to community resources and supports.
- Reinforcing individuals’ life skills, spirituality, and social and community skills.
- Planning and facilitating programs, including food programs.
- meal preparation for 30 individuals daily.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment, including light cleaning of common areas and kitchen.
- Apartment inspections and pest monitoring and control. Working directly with tenants to support ongoing unit cleanliness.
- Administering medication, recording daily shift notes. Following applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Supporting individuals to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
- Supporting volunteers
Skills: The successful candidate should demonstrate a warm, sensitive, and caring approach, the ability to work independently, be flexible, stay organized, be responsible, and take initiative. Must have strong problem-solving skills, be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness.
Education/Experience: College diploma, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work history. A valid Food Handler’s certificate and experience in food programs or services an asset.
To Apply: Please apply online at www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Its supports and services are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from access and participating in our services.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 373 Blossom Park Rd, Woodstock, ON N4S 7J3, Canada