Program Supervisor (Hamilton)
Parkdale Landing and Strathearne Suites – Hamilton, ON
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
Position Description: Working with the interdisciplinary team, the Program Supervisor is responsible to provide tenants in Indwell's independent living apartments with supports that help people maintain health and housing. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Supervisor will provide supervision and support to program employees and volunteers.
Hours of Work: Full time - 40 hours per week. Some flexibility is required to meet program needs, including evening and weekend hours. Participation in the on-call schedule is required.
Duties for this position include:
- Supervising and supporting an interdisciplinary team of employees as assigned, providing leadership and direction. Conducting regular check-ins, and complete employee performance evaluations.
- Providing orientation and support for employees, students and volunteers.
- Performing on-call responsibilities as required according to the on-call schedule.
- Helping individuals connect to community resources and supports.
- Reinforcing individuals’ life skills, spirituality, and social and community skills.
- Assisting with admission and orientation of new tenants.
- Rent deposits, rent collection, and other landlord responsibilities.
- Supporting individuals to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
Education/Experience: BSW degree or equivalent, or in process, and related experience.
Remuneration: Annual salary based on education and experience. Indwell offers a competitive benefits package and RRSP contribution.
To apply: Please apply via our website with resume and cover letter: www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only those that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Its supports and services are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell engages with diverse communities: we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services.
- Pay Type Salary
- 205 Melvin Ave, Hamilton, ON L8H 2J9, Canada