PT Emergency Housing Program Support - 1 Year Contract (Simcoe)
Housing Support Worker – Part Time (One Year Contract)
Emergency Housing Program - Simcoe, ON
Closing Date for Applications: March 7, 2021
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
Position Description: Reporting to the Program Manager, the Part Time Support Worker will work within an interdisciplinary team to deliver housing health support services to clients of the Emergency Housing program.
Hours of Work: Part-time hours with flexibility required. Primarily weekdays, although hours are variable based on program needs. On-call duties required. This is a one year contract position.
Duties for this position include:
- Managing referrals and intakes.
- Providing direct and indirect support to individuals of the program in finding housing.
- Helping clients connect to community resources and supports
- Supporting clients to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
- Providing leadership as part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Supporting clients after hours as required by the on-call schedule.
- Compiling and maintaining data using various databases.
- Positive commitment to team work and the ability to work collaboratively.
- A caring approach and the ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, and demonstrate initiative are essential.
- Experience working with individuals with serious mental illness, addictions and other special needs.
- Experience with supportive housing with an understanding of Housing First.
- Effective interpersonal skills; strong written and oral communications skills.
Education/Experience: Post-secondary education in psychology, social work, sociology, or a related field required. Three years experience in a social service setting. Experience in mental health and/or affordable housing and/or addictions is an asset.
To apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume at www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Its supports and services are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell engages with diverse communities: we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Simcoe, ON, Canada