Community and Housing Support Worker (Canada Summer Jobs)
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
Part Time Community and Housing Support Worker, Temporary Contract (12 weeks)
Woodfield Gate – London, ON
Closing Date for Applicants: October 17, 2020
Candidates must be between the ages of 18-30
Position Description: The Housing Support worker is a member of an interdisciplinary team promoting housing stability for marginalized individuals, and supporting health, wellness and community belonging.
Location: 356 Dundas St, London, ON
Hours of Work: Part time, 16-18 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet program needs, including evening and weekend hours. This position is a temporary contract, ending after 12 weeks.
Duties for this position include:
• Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team to provide direct and indirect support to individuals.
• Helping individuals connect to community resources and supports.
• Reinforcing individuals’ life skills, spirituality, and social and community skills by supporting participation in cultural, spiritual, recreation, leisure, and social activities.
• Arranging and coordinating all aspects of recreational and community activities.
• Supporting volunteers.
• Documentation of events, including program planning, tracking of participants, evaluation of events.
• Developing therapeutic relationships.
• Supporting individuals to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
• Maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
Requirements: Experience working with individuals with serious mental illness, addictions or other special needs. The successful candidate should demonstrate a warm, sensitive and caring approach, the ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative. Must have strong problem solving skills, be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness. A knowledge of local community resources and support systems and landlord-tenant relations is beneficial.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and related experience.
Remuneration: $17/hr; hours and position length subject to approval of Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs.
To apply: Please apply online at: www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Its supports and services are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 356 Dundas St, London, ON N6B 1V7, Canada