Immigrant Services Calgary is a non for profit immigrant serving agency established in 1977. ISC's mission is to be a comprehensive settlement agency working together with immigrants and their families to make Canada home. ISC is looking for individuals who appreciate the valuable contributions immigrants make to Canada, and understand and share our values of being passionate, accountable and ethical leaders in settlement services. We believe that people come first. We are committed to quality services for a diverse Canadian community.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the primary role of the Newcomer Planner is to support newcomers in their resettlement process by providing the following services: needs assessments and referrals, building individualized settlement plans, information and orientation, supportive counseling, group orientation/workshops, interpretation/translation, outreach and community connections.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve newcomers to Canada, virtual & in-person, in a positive, culturally sensitive, constructive, and supportive manner in their process of resettlement.
- Assist clients in identifying and assessing their needs, develop a personalized settlement plan, and refer clients to appropriate programs and services.
- Provide useful and accessible up-to-date information to clients.
- Support clients in overcoming barriers to settlement and accelerating the employment process.
- Follow-up on client’s progress and integration in the community, and advocate for clients when required.
- Design, organize, and implement group orientations/workshops for newcomers in consultation with the Team Manager.
- Liaise with community and agencies, promote agency services, and facilitate access to services.
- Perform administrative tasks as required by ISC funders:
- Client intake and assessment forms, plus follow-up contact entries into client files;
- Keep u- to-date client records and statistics (daily, weekly);
- Prepare weekly statistical reports as required;
- Other special reports which may be required from time-to-time by the Team Manager;
- Special report: orientation/workshop group activities and community involvement;
- Complete evaluations and outcome measure forms on an ongoing basis;
- Select client success stories, write, and submit them on a quarterly basis; and,
- Participate in organizational planning as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business, or related discipline.
- Cross cultural sensitivity – experience working across a variety of cultural groups.
- Strong knowledge of programs and community resources for newcomers.
- Excellent English ability with exceptional skills in verbal, written, and electronic communication.
- Fluency in Tagalog, written and oral would be considered a strong asset.
- Excellent knowledge of software applications such as MS Office and SharePoint. Experience using Salesforce an asset.
- Problem solving skills and creativity.
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and clerical support.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and cope with rapidly changing scenarios.
- Availability to work on evenings and weekends, if required
- Ability to work from home
- Pay Type Salary
- Immigrant Services Calgary, 1200, 910 7Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada