Manager, Manufacturing Accounting
Reporting directly to the VP Operations with a dotted line to the Corporate Controller, the Manufacturing Accounting Manager is responsible for developing and delivering costing strategy to realize Joseph Ribkoff’ s financial and supply chain goals by providing clear and accurate manufacturing accounting information to guide management decisions.
Along with the Operations and Finance teams, while leveraging their understanding and experience of garment and accessory costing, the Manufacturing Accounting Manager will help set in place the foundational system, process and organizational enablers for best-in-class end to end costing.
- Lead all the inventory costing activities of the company’s short and long-term financial goals.
- Continuously evolve end-to-end costing process, including the development of standards, policies and governance structure to assure cost accuracy and costing system integrity and sustainability.
- Work with the operation leadership team to identify and communicate cost saving opportunities based on data-driven analytics and monitor/communicate progress on cost saving initiatives.
- Develop tools and platforms to drive faster, more transparent and reliable costing processes.
- Drive comprehensive policy of costing rate, method and reporting standardization enabling transparency and comparability of all quote rounds, vendors and product segments.
- Champion the creation of a long-term cost platform seamlessly integrated into the product creation systems and process environment, which can secure the implementation of standards and execution of cost policies while drastically reducing manual effort, total time-to-cost and error driven re-work.
- Analyze development costing information to ensure accuracy and identify discrepancies. Maintain communication records to assure smooth workflow, timely approvals and problem resolution.
- Run and analyze existing reports and edit/create new reports to support general business needs across Product Development, Materials & Operation teams.
- Manage cost-pertinent information (Excel cost sheets, Access database, for example) to ensure internal customers have access to timely and accurate data to make informed design, development and pricing decisions.
- Establishing the month-end inventory file including obsolescence provision.
- Analyzing the gross margin and monthly reporting relating to inventory.
- Participation in the monthly MD&A for the inventory section.
- CPA with a CMA designation is an asset
- 5+ years in a manufacturing or product development environment
- 3+ years of business analytics experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree - BA/BS in business or equivalent
- Possess analytical skills which lead to decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to quickly assess and resolve situations with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong written/verbal communication
- Ability to effectively prioritize workloads, work cross-functionally within the company
- Flexible with multiple tasks and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in complex data analysis and strong computer skills are required
- High comfort level with extracting and combining data across multiple sources
- Experience in change management / business transformation initiatives with process, organization and technology changes
- Demonstrated success in obtaining buy into change with multiple stakeholders to achieve the goals of effective business transformation
- Experience in collaborating with geographically distributed teams
- Consulting experience from a leading integrator a plus
- Apparel industry experience highly desirable
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada